We believe in the concept of having a Direct Responsible Individual, which ensures that a single person is always clearly responsible for any given task. This is why we decided not to allow for a single task to be assigned to multiple people at once.
Instead, try these alternatives to assign tasks and work together in shared projects:
Split your task into smaller sub-tasks
When working with multiple people on a big task, split it into sub-tasks and assign each one to your team members. It becomes easy to keep track of who’s responsible and who’s completed their task – giving you a better picture of the overall progress. Here’s how to create sub-tasks:
- Right-click on the task you want to add a sub-task to.
- Select Add task below.
- Press Ctrl + → to turn the task into a sub-task.
- Enter the task's name and any details you want to add.
- Click Add Task or press Enter to save the task.
Use comments to alert others
As soon as you have assigned the task to one person in a shared project, you can loop in additional people using task comments. Here’s how:
- Hover over a task and click on the speech bubble icon that appears to the right of the task name.
- Type a comment in the comment field.
- In the bottom right, click on Change to select who to notify.
- Select the people you want to notify.
- Click Add Comment to post your comment.
In cases where you need multiple people to be assigned to the same exact task, you can duplicate it and assign the new task to whomever you need to. Here’s how:
- Right-click on a task.
- Select Duplicate.
A copy of the task (including all its sub-tasks) will be created below the original.